Session Recording: https://youtu.be/w0bhrmkaEVs
In Drupal 8, Configuration Management is finally part of Core rather than relying on the Features module. The Features module is now focused more on bundling reusable functionality into a configuration package. However, in practice there are still many challenges remaining:
- How to manage environment-specific configuration (Config Split)
- How to install sites using pre-defined configuration (Config Installer)
- How to create truly reusable configuration "templates" (Config Actions)
- How to override configuration (Config Override vs Config Actions)
- Best workflow between Config Management and Features.
This session will go through all of the above topics and discuss the various modules that are useful for managing configuration and give examples of real-life use-cases where these modules are needed.
Some basic knowledge of the Configuration Management system in Drupal 8 will be useful, but a brief overview will be provided at the beginning of the session.