Okay, so what is this Koober-neetees thing anyway and what does it have to do with Drupal? We break down the hype around the world's most popular open-source container orchestration engine and discuss strategies for using it to power, well, the world's most popular open-source CMS, Drupal! Some topics we'll cover include:
- What is Kubernetes and what makes it a desirable platform for running Drupal?
- What are some potential pitfalls of hosting Drupal on Kubernetes vs. a more traditional virtual machine-based infrastructure? When is not a good idea to use Kubernetes?
- What cool stuff -- including rolling deployments, self-healing infrastructure, "infinite" scalability, and instant rollbacks -- does Kubernetes allow us to do?
- Why the heck should we care about immutability anyway?
- How can Drupal-on-Kubernetes be made a whole lot easier by using meta-orchestration tools like Helm?
After introducing some key concepts, we'll walk through a turnkey solution for deploying a Drupal application on a Kubernetes cluster such as Google (GKE), Amazon (EKS) or Microsoft (AKS).
Some previous familiarity with Docker containers is recommended to get the most out of this session.