Contribution to the Drupal project is a wonderful thing to do. It is the best way to move the Drupal project and community forward while enhancing your professional skills, building your personal brand, and promoting your company's commitment to Giving Back. In this session, we'll surface proven and actionable strategies for community contribution at an individual, group, and company level.
The speaker has mentored and sponsored top individual contributors to the Drupal project, lead one of the top Globally contributing companies, and mentored many other active community contributors over the last 12 years.
- Contribution to Drupal as a non-technical user
- Contribution to Drupal as a new-to-tech user
- Contribution to Drupal as a seasoned contributor
- Contribution to Drupal as a company or organization
- Balancing contribution with work and life commitments
- Weaving professional growth into community contribution
- Understanding the pros and cons of specific contribution strategies
- Impact of contribution on the Drupal.org marketplace
At the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Have sample growth plans for community contribution
- Have ideas of how to integrate professional development to contribution efforts
- Understand the pros and cons of contribution strategies
- Know where to start!
This session is geared for any person, department, or company that would like to learn how to contribute to the Drupal project. Get the most out of your time investment with an actionable community strategy!
Audience members include:
- Technical contributors
- Non-technical contributors
- Management (project managers, directors, different groups)
- Digital agency leadership
Attendees will get the most out of this session by being familiar with:
- The basics of Drupal.org
- The desire to contribute to the Drupal project
- Be open to ideas about professional and community growth