When there is a gap between how people feel and how people perform at work, we urge leaders to learn how to facilitate Emotional Intelligence to drive high performing workplaces. Leaders will acknowledge how people's self-awareness impacts their behavior, perception, and acknowledgment of the way others feel. Primarily, the workshop is aiming to help leaders learn how to openly and effectively express themselves and honor commitments in others. If leaders could utilize Emotional Intelligence when making decisions, they could effectively manage their mood, emotions, and behavior. Consequently, leaders could continuously improve themselves and positively influence others through problem-solving, feedback, and supporting others' work. The goal of the workshop is to cultivate leaders' abilities to manage their energy and turn into the needs of the group, allowing them to provide the best experience to build high performing workplaces.
- This workshop will provide an Emotional Intelligence self-assessment to help participants understand their emotional intelligence scores.
- This lively session will review the emotional intelligence model, including self-awareness, awareness of others, authenticity, emotional researching, self-management, and inspiring performance.
- It is our best interest to provide the best hands-on Emotional Intelligence practices, such as how to learn to relax and talk to yourself and examples of how to improve Emotional Intelligence at workplaces.
Information for Program Team
0:00 Welcome, Gratitudes and Introduction
- Purposes: Welcome to the session, build rapport to engage all participants to create a trusted environment and share the speaker’s biography
- Activity 1: Invite a lead dancer to lead everyone to dance
0:10 Understand participants' facilitating experience
- Purpose: Recognize participants' facilitation background and their understanding of emotional intelligence
- Activity 2: An menti.com online survey
0:20 Identify problems that facilitators made
- Purpose: What are some of the mistakes that facilitators make
- Activity 3: Group discussion and sharing to reflect the facilitation errors
0:30 Introduce the Emotional Intelligence Model
- Purpose: Explain the Emotional Intelligence model and provide examples of the following its components such as self-awareness, self-management, authenticity, awareness of others, emotional reasoning, and inspiring performance
- Activity 4: Conduct self-assessment and provide assessment criteria
- Activity 5: Group discussion their feelings on self-assessment
0:40 The benefits of promoting the Emotional Intelligence Model at workspaces
- Purpose: Provide benefits and examples of leadership and facilitators to drive high performing workplaces
- Activity 6: Group discussion and share how they could apply the Emotional Intelligence Model to facilitate at their workplaces
0:50 Practice the Emotional Intelligence Model at workspaces
- Purpose: Introduce some best emotional intelligence practices that facilitators can use at workplaces such as managing stressful situations, expressing themselves clearly, gain respect from others, influencing other people, listening to the concerns of others, keeping calm and can cope under pressure, motivating themselves to get things done, knowing how to be positive, even during difficulties
- Activity 7 case study: Divide groups to design a real situation and demo to the entire group. Each group can select a topic related to the manager's needs to announce a company downsize event, or a facilitator needs to facilitate a workshop in which a company is under a lot of pressure to get things done.
0:60 Suggestions for enhancing emotional intelligence at workplaces
- Purpose: Conclude with the following suggestions:
- Be mindful of the choice you made at workplaces,
Be aware of your own emotions the impact on others in your workplace,
- Understand the position of another person, from their perspective by listening effectively and showing empathy,
- Manage the impacts of your attitude
- Be open to your feedback to enhance emotional intelligence skills
- Impact on your career directions.
0:70 Takeaway and closing
- Purpose: Conclude with the following suggestions:
- Activity 8: Each person or each table (or group) will share how they feel about the session and closing in one or a few words.
With more than 30+ years as an educator, Dr. Saya Sone has facilitated experience spanning in training, facilitating, mentoring, coaching with public and private sectors in IT and non-IT engagements. As a certified emotional intelligence practitioner, she will share her experience of how emotional intelligence can make leadership a better facilitator to drive high performing workplaces inside and outside of the meeting rooms.
In addition to her professional work, Dr. Sone has delivered speeches and workshops for conferences for more than 100 sessions to more than 1,500 people for the past ten years, including the workshop she provided in Agile 2016 in Orlando. She has delivered a wide range of topics, including leadership, motivation, Agile, organizational changes, and professional development. She is an ICF awarded certified professional coach with deep engagements to help her clients in pursuing their passions for individual or organizational improvements.