Drupal 9 comes out this summer! The end of life for Drupal 7 and 8 are also not very far away. There are things that you can (and should) be doing right now to prepare for both of these looming deadlines! This session will help prepare and cover all the things that you can start doing today to ensure that your platform is ready for Drupal 9.
Areas of focus will include:
- Using the right tools (e.g. composer)
- Managing and looking for deprecated code
- Managing technical debt
- Architecting for the future
- Using the right testing frameworks
- and more!
- Apply best practices for future proofing digital platforms
- Prepare and plan for a Drupal 9 migration
- Improve / expand current platform(s) to ease future upgrades
This talk is aimed at a general audience of both technical (developers, architects) and non-technical (project managers) who are preparing to make the leap to Drupal 9.
There are no prerequisites for this session.