How a Sprint works:
Other developers will work with you to find issues to work and focus on. You don't need to worry about researching the issues on your own. This is true for both the contributed module and core sprints.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up using this Google Document. Please provide both you full name and your drupal.org username for security purposes.
- Wednesday 11 AM - 5 PM (D8 Core)
- Thursday 11 AM - 5 PM (D8 Core)
- Friday 11 AM - 2 PM (Contrib)
- Extended sprints Thanks to ForumOne:Saturday, July 25 - Sunday, July 26
Location: Forum One, 1110 Vermont Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005
- Saturday - 10 AM - 6 PM
- Sunday 10 AM - 5 PM
If You Are Going to Sprint, Some Helpful Hints:
- You must bring a laptop! Computers will not be provided.
- Create an account on drupal.org if you do not already have one
- Install tools to get your development environment set up. You can use your own list or use http://drupal.org/dev-env.
- Clone Drupal, using http://drupal.org/project/drupal/git-instructions, and install it.
Install both Git and Drush
Need additional instructions? Use this slideshow to get all set up.
What else do I need to know?
For extended sprints, lunch will be on your own. And if you have questions, reach out to kgoel on Drupal.org or through Twitter @kalpanagoel
How to Prepare for the D8 Core Sprint:
Please set up your Drupal 8 environment before you arrive. Do this on your laptop by installing Acquia Dev Desktop, or installing on your local environment (without MAMP). If you need help setting up your environment, we can help you at the sprint. However, we urge participants to do this setup beforehand so we can minimize set up time and maximize our time tackling the issues