Drupal 8 Multilingual Awesomeness and Whats New!
This track is focused on developers and the back-end technologies to deal with today’s and future challenges. With the coming release of Drupal 8, as well as emerging Web technologies, preparation is essential. These sessions will help you learn how to deliver effective solutions to meet these needs.
There is an amazing set of new features in Drupal 8. In this session we will be discussing the new features and improvements in Multilingual Drupal 8.
- Language First in Installer
- Language detection from browser during installation.
- Optional English (You can now remove English from your Site).
- More Core multilingual modules
- 4 Core modules which will cover functionality of 20+ D7 modules in a better way.
- Improved 'Language' handling.
- 'Interface Translation' Automated.
- More flexible 'Content Translation'.
- Module for 'Configuration Translation'.
- Language selection for everything
- Everything starting from system configuration settings to blocks, views and menus are translatable.
- Language visibility and filtering
- block visibility - show block only for specific languages
- Views language filtering
- Transliteration in Core
- Automated translation downloads
- Context specific text translation APIs
- No more get_t(), st() and $t
- And More..!