Features for Drupal 8
Learn how to leverage the flexibility of Drupal to deliver experiences in nearly limitless ways. See how you are able to do this—often without code and relying on the ever-expanding universe of contributed modules.
The Features module has played in important role in deploying site configuration for Drupal 7. Now that Drupal 8 has configuration management (CMI) built into core, what's the role of the Features module in Drupal 8? In Drupal 8, Features will return to it's original mission of bundling functionality rather than just managing configuration. We will demo the latest development version of the D8 Features module.
What you will learn:
- The architecture of Features in Drupal 8
- The difference between Modules & Features
- How Features integrates with D8 CMI and other modules such as config_devel and config_packager
- How to create a new Feature
- How to manage existing Features
- Using drush with Features