This workshop will familiarize front-end developers with Drupal 8's theme system through a combination of presentations and hands-on exercises. Whether your goal is to theme your personal site, pass the Acquia front-end developer certification, or upgrade your skills for a job, our goal is to provide students with a solid foundation and enough knowledge to continue to practice and learn on their own.
You'll come away from this course knowing:
- How the Drupal theme layer relates to the rest of the system
- Common theming terminology and processes
- How to override any of Drupal's HTML output
- The relationship between base themes and sub themes
- Everything you need to know about Twig when working with Drupal templates
- Tools for introspecting and debugging a theme
- Tips and tricks for using common front-end development tools like CSS preprocessors and task runners, in conjunction with Drupal Attendees should be familiar with HTML and CSS and understand how to administer content on a Drupal website.
This workshop will be relevant for both people who are new to Drupal theming as well as those looking to move from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. This course is based on the Drupalize.Me Drupal 8 Theming Guide. Attendees will receive one month of full access to the complete Drupalize.Me tutorial library so that they can review and continue to learn after the workshop is over.