With the announcement that the Google Search Appliance was End of Life, many government entities and universities started looking around for replacement options. At Palantir, we wanted to provide an open source option that could solve the following needs:
- A simple way to store, retrieve, and parse content.
- A cross-platform search application.
- A speedy, usable, responsive front-end.
- A flexible, extensible, reusable model.
- A drop-in replacement for deprecated Google Products
Working with the University of Michigan, we architected and developed a solution. Since then, we've helped a large government entity implement Federated Search on their digital properties. Join Michael Dickey to learn more about Federated Search and to see a live demo.