At Drupal GovCon, join us for Drupal 8 Core extended sprints all week starting July 22nd, including Friday contrib sprints.
But maybe you're asking yourself, what is a "Sprint"? Keep reading, let's answer those questions!!
A code sprint is for anyone who uses Drupal. Contributors of all skillsets and levels are welcome and are encouraged to attend. You can contribute through reviewing code, working on an issue que, adding documentation and this can be at any level from a contributed module to Drupal 8 Core.
Attending a sprint allows you to become part of this unique open source community and helps to improve the Drupal for hundreds of millions of people, all over the world.
So, let's go over some logistics:
- Contrib sprint date: Friday July 24 at NIH
- D8 core sprint dates: Wednesday July 22, Thursday July 23rd and Friday July 24 at NIH
- Extended sprint dates:Saturday, July 25 - Sunday, July 26
- Location: Forum One, 1110 Vermont Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005
How a Sprint works:
Other developers will work with you to find issues to work and focus on. You don't need to worry about researching the issues on your own. This is true for both the contributed module and core sprints.
How to Prepare for the D8 Core Sprint:
Please set up your Drupal 8 environment before you arrive. Do this on your laptop by installing Acquia Dev Desktop, or installing on your local environment (without MAMP). If you need help setting up your environment, we can help you at the sprint. However, we urge participants to do this setup beforehand so we can minimize set up time and maximize our time tackling the issues.
If You Are Going to Sprint:
- You must bring your own laptop. Computers will not be provided.
- Create an account on drupal.org if you do not already have one
- Install tools to get your development environment set up. You can use your own list or use http://drupal.org/dev-env.
- Clone Drupal, using http://drupal.org/project/drupal/git-instructions, and install it.
Install both Git and Drush
Need additional instructions? Use this slideshow to get all set up.
What else do I need to know?
For extended sprints, lunch will be on your own.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up using this Google Document. Please provide both you full name and your drupal.org username for security purposes.