Web personalization allows content to be tailored to the interests of the visitor, resulting in increased engagement and better experiences. Personalized content is essential to an effective digital communications strategy, but planning and implementing a personalization solution can be complex and cost prohibitive.
In this session, we’ll introduce the basics of web personalization and present several simple ways for government agencies to get started with web personalization on Drupal.
Specifically, we’ll cover:
- An overview of common personalization use cases
- A checklist of prerequisites for implementing personalization on a Drupal project
- How personalization for authenticated users differs from that of anonymous visitors
- Special privacy considerations
- Why Drupal is the best CMS to execute a personalization strategy
This session is for anyone interested in improving the effectiveness of their web platform with personalized content and is ideal for both technical and non-technical audiences. Presentation will include simple demonstrations with Drupal implementation details, contrib module tips, and various real-world examples.
Note: This proposal is based on a session that was previously presented at DrupalCamp New Jersey (January 2016), New England Drupal Camp (October 2015) and Drupalcon New Orleans. Session content has been updated and expanded.