This year, volunteering will be a little different since we're 100% virtual.
Before you begin volunteering
- Make sure you are registered for 2021 Drupal GovCon.
- Join the Drupal slack workspace and the drupal-govcon slack channel.
Before you begin volunteering, please check-in by going to the #drupal-govcon slack channel.
Any questions about your role will be answered here.
Hopin "Room" Monitors
Act as room monitor and Tier 1 Tech support.
- Room moderator and Tier 1: Basic help desk tech support for Hopin sessions
- Confirm the speaker can connect and share their screen
- Provide room counts
- Assist the speaker by monitoring questions in Hopin chat
- Assure that attendees in the chat know what session is in progress
- Keep time and notify the speaker(s) when they go over allotted time
- Share this placeholder GovCon slide during breaks. Slides should include:
- Session Information
- Sponsor names/logos
Virtual Help Desk
- Assist with conference or session related questions
- Collect session counts from Hopin room session volunteers
- Assist with resolving any technical issues.
- Previous experience with Hopin a plus.
Responsibilities of this volunteer role vary, but could include:
- Hopin room volunteer for sessions
- Assisting conference attendees in the drupal-govcon slack
- Volunteers should be comfortable using Hopin