Before you begin volunteering
- Make sure you are registered for 2023 Drupal GovCon.
- Join the Drupal slack workspace and the drupal-govcon slack channel.
Any questions about your role will be answered here.
Room Monitor Volunteers
- Check in at Helpdesk 5-10 minutes before session starts
- Take a gender count 15-minutes into the session
- Turn headcount in to helpdesk.
Help Desk Volunteers
- Go to the registration help desk 5-10 minutes before shift start
- Answer questions, collect Lost+Found items. Familiarize yourself with the venue, including bathrooms, exits, food/beverage stations
- Familiarize yourself with the Conference Guide; be able to help people find session rooms
- Check attendees in using online system
- Distrbute Drupal GovCon badges
- Give attendee t-shirt ticket and direct them upstairs for t-shirts
- Provide your phone number to Nneka before the conference so you are alerted when the keynote arrives
- Ensure keynote speakers are in place immediately after arrival
- Ensure technical equipment is functioning and speakers know how to use it
- Coordinate with sound booth, if appropriate (any audio/video other than the microphones)
- Ensure mic stands are available in auditorium for questions
- Cue keynote with minutes left during keynote session
- Should be comfortable carrying and lifting moderately heavy items.
- Assemble and place signage throughout venue as directed.
Clean Up Crew Volunteers
- Remove all signage
- Ensure exhibit area is broken down (vendors should remove things themselves)
- NO BADGE, NO LUNCH.
- Stand next to the food lines checking to make sure everyone has a Drupal Badge and confirmation sticker/icon.
- Walk the food lines to let everyone know they need a badge with confirmation sticker/icon and other logistics for lunch (portions and drinks).
- Be courteous, but firm. Any complications or anyone without a badge who did register should go to the help desk.
- Ensure they take one drink (soda or water, not both).
- Takes random photos throughout the event