Is your team gearing up to migrate a site into Drupal 8? In this presentation, I’ll walk through the steps I’ve taken to prep my developer for a Drupal 8 migration. Topics covered will include the following:
- Factors that affect migration
- Different migration methods and when to use each
- What to look for when investigating a legacy database*
- How to use your inventory findings to plan out your migration
- Creating a field mapping spreadsheet.
Planning a migration may seem like a daunting task for your developer, but it doesn't have to be. Be a resource for your developer and help them work smarter, and faster.
*This prep work can be done by a non-developer but may require an understanding of database sql queries.