Content migration is often one of the most time-consuming headaches of a web redesign or build, but it’s also one of the most critical elements of a successful site. Don’t think it’s just getting your content moved from one system to another. It is the “meat” of your website and doing it without much thought can have disastrous effects on your SEO and your user experience.
Having an effective content migration process helps mitigate these issues and ensures the new website is optimized for search and ensures the user finds the content they are looking for.
You’ll walk away from this session with a process for:
- Creating a scripting process to manage changing inline URLs in body content
- Handling referenced content that may or may not be migrated
- Scripting the creation of 301 redirects for SEO
- Measuring the impact of 301s for dissolved content through analytics
- Mitigating bad user experience resulting from 301s for dissolved content with an innovative approach to avoid 404 errors altogether