Now we're gonna have some INTERMEDIATE FUN!
- I'll share some of my favorite things to do (cherry-pick, blame, change the author so it looks like my coworker did something I just did)...
- Wait, what's a tag? Wait, what's a release? (HINT: THEY'RE THE SAME. SORT OF. OMG I SAID SORT OF, CHILL OUT.)
- Forks and pull requests: COOL STUFF you can do on GitHub/BitBucket (and of course, GitLab!)
- Feature branches -- yes, they're what they sound like.
- Cherry picks and Merges and Rebasing -- what's what?? and, differences, benefits/drawbacks, etc.
- A bit of conflict resolution, detached tags, merged branch cleanup, multiple remotes...
- We'll go over some "omg what did I do" scenarios (and a few online resources).
THEN, if y'all bring your own pain points, we can talk about them and I'll do my best to help!
- If not, I'll briefly cover a fairly universal pain point: git + Drupal code contribution.
@todo: Add notes from slide 45 to this session description.
.gitconfig file, with all my aliases. Note: I didn't flesh it out with explanations yet.
Slides!!!! -- NOTE: ADDED RIGHT AFTER SESSION -- I haven't finished the slides from our "sharing session" we did at the end, but I didn't want to leave y'all without anything for the evening, in case you wanted to check on something while it's fresh in your mind...