Now that most people find websites through search engines and social media, we want to make sure our content looks its best on these platforms. Using structured metadata such as Open Graph and Schema.org allows us to control how our content appears through searches and sharing. This session will cover how structured metadata can easily be included on Drupal websites using the Metatag and Schema.org Metatag modules.
- An overview of Open Graph and Schema.org structured metadata.
- How to use Metatag to map your content to meta tags.
- Tips on how to define meta tags for different social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Tools you can use to test how your content will look on search engines and social media.
- An example of using Schema.org Metatag to define structured data for events and how it enriches their search results.
- An overview of other meta tags that can be included using Metatag.