Machine learning is the hot new buzzword in the technology industry with heavy funding from the tech titans. It promises new solutions to complex problems and is already showing its potential with advances in voice assisted technologies and driverless cars capturing the headlines.
But what does any of this have to do with the work we do in Drupal? How can my organization or agency benefit from these technologies?
We are going to answer these questions in this presentation with a focus on the emerging Machine Learning as a Service (MLaaS) platforms that enable you to gain the benefits of Machine Learning without having to spend years collecting data and training a model.
In this presentation, we will address the following:
- Give a brief introduction to machine learning to help understand its promise;
- Survey a few of the dominant ML libraries (ex. TensorFlow) and the MLaaS offerings available;
- Demonstrate practical, real-world applications of machine learning for solving Drupal problems that you can implement now, including:
- Content moderation and review
- Auto-tagging and content sorting
- Sentiment analysis
- Improving search and recommendations
- User personalization and discovery.
- Finally, provide practical advice on next steps to learn more, prepare your site data, or even take part in helping shape their development.
This presentation will not require any prior-experience with Machine Learning but (intermediate) experience with Drupal 8 REST and APIs will be helpful as we are going to focus primarily on how to create meaningful connections with your data and these MLaaS applications.