Now we're gonna have some INTERMEDIATE FUN!
That's right, I'm offering up useful tips, extra tricks, all sorts of practical advice you might not have even known you needed -- and FUN!
- I'll share some of my favorite things to do (cherry-pick, blame, change the author so it looks like my coworker did something I just did)...
- Wait, what's a tag? Wait, what's a release? (HINT: THEY'RE THE SAME. SORT OF. OMG I SAID SORT OF, CHILL OUT.)
- Forks and pull requests: COOL STUFF you can do on GitHub/BitBucket (and of course, GitLab!)
- Feature branches -- yes, they're what they sound like.
- Cherry picks and Merges and Rebasing -- what's what?? and, differences, benefits/drawbacks, etc.
- A bit of conflict resolution, detached tags, merged branch cleanup, multiple remotes...
- We'll go over some "omg what did I do" scenarios (and a few online resources).
THEN, if y'all bring your own pain points, we can talk about them and I'll do my best to help. If not, I'll briefly cover a fairly universal pain point: git + Drupal code contribution.
Presented at Drupal GovCon 2019 and Cornell DrupalCamp 2019.