Drupal is an extremely flexible system. To achieve this, various layers of abstractions were built into it. A lot of concepts were created to explain these abstractions. Unfortunately, they are not always intuitive. This session aims to explain the basic building blocks for assembling a Drupal site and how they relate to each other. Many examples will be presented to help you understand Drupal and why it is so powerful.
- What is a node?
- What is a content type?
- What are fields and why are they useful?
- What is a block and what can I do with it?
- What is a view?
- How are users and permissions managed?
- How does the taxonomy system work?
- How can I create the navigation of my website?